Sunday 27 January 2008

Single or Double

560960193_a9ab1c2af7What are the pros and cons to having one or two photographers? I personally think that there is a place for both, however i prefer to shoot solo.

If you look through my images you will see that a lot of them are based on my subjects in their natural state. How many people do you know that freeze as soon as a camera is pointed at them, instead of a smile they look dead into the lens and something more akin to a snarl emerges. Now if there are two photographers wandering around i have found that there is more of a tendency for this to happen.

I personally think that the biggest compliment that i can get is to be told that the guests hardly noticed i was there. Thats just what i want, i am not one of these photographers that think that the sole reason that all these people are dressed up is to provide him/her with an opportunity to extend their portfolio. I like to blend into the background, my preferred lens is a telephoto, which means that i can get most of my shots from a fair distance. Being on my own, means that i can blend in with the guests, and will soon be easily forgotten as your family and friends get caught up in your big day

The other advantage is that, it is me that you have been talking to and emailing over all those months, its quite likely that we would have sat down together for a chat at least twice before your wedding day. So it makes sense that i should have a good idea of your expectations. The better i can get to know you the better pictures you will have. I will be able to anticipate shots easier, than someone who has just met you on the day.

No comments: