Sunday 2 December 2007

Choosing a wedding date



So he’s proposed….and you said yes. Congratulations, there must be a million thoughts running through your head!

What will my parents say?

I love my ring!

What will my friends say?

I love my ring!

Where will the reception be?

I love my ring!

I have to find a wedding photographer?

Shall we just elope?

We need to set a wedding date?

First things first, get the date set, but that may be tougher than you think.

The wedding date is very important; it will stay with you for eternity and symbolise that special moment in your life when you said your vows. You may want to choose a date that is already special and has some meaning to you both for instance; you could choose one of your parents or Grandparents wedding date, or the day you first laid eyes on your Fiancée?

Let’s just remember a few things…. first think about the time of the year, do you want a beautiful winter wedding or a sunnier summer wedding, (I personally love autumn weddings, there is something about the light that makes for beautiful wedding photographs), next consider the wedding venue, if you have your heart set on a particular wedding venue then there is no use setting a firm date until you know that they are not booked.

Make sure that you consider other important dates in the family, relative’s birthdays etc. Make sure that the important people off your guest list are going to be around, check with them that they haven’t planned to spend that weekend on holiday on the other side of the world

Have fun planning your wedding!

No comments: